Fun things to do with your children during the coronavirus lock down.
It can be difficult to find new activities to do to keep our children entertained throughout the day. Fortunately, there is no shortage of ideas that you can find to keep your children amused.
- Arts and Crafts – Drawing, painting, paper mache, sewing, creating a collage, sticking, creating and crafting are good for the brain and good for the soul. If you need some inspiration check out: www.thebestideasforkids.com and www.forestryengland.uk
- House Treasure Hunt – Try a treasure hunt or scavenger hunt, that’s fun and keeps them moving, make cryptic clues and riddles for them to discover the treasure. Get the whole family involved.
- Baking – Grab a pinny and get baking with the children, make some tasty goodies and have a tea party.
- Board games – Board games and card games are a great and fun way to get the family together. Children can develop a variety of different skills like reading instructions, counting, memory and strategy.
- Garden – Get the little ones in the garden and get them working those green fingers. Kids love planting seeds and watching them grow, whether it’s herbs, vegetables or plants. Children using tiny trowels or wheelbarrows, helping you raking, watering or digging.
- Parks – Take a few balls, tennis rackets, frisbee or make an obstacle course, a great way to to get them out and challenge them to use their imagination and come up with exciting new challenges
I hope that gives you a few ideas to keep your children entertained during the Coronavirus Lockdown